August was such a blur! Mostly because soccer season was well under way which meant Paul was gone A LOT. He had try outs twice a day for several days and then when the team was chosen, they traveled to camps and scrimmages quite a bit. It made for some long days but a very quick month.
August brought about some challenging brother moments, so the sweet ones HAD to be captured.
 |
| A sweet husband who hides notes for me while he's gone makes soccer season a tad bit better. |
 |
| The first Sunday in six weeks we were all at church together! |
Gray continued swim lessons and we spent every other minute possible at the pool. He improved every single time he got in the water. He is swimming very well under the water for pretty good distances. He continues to prove himself fearless, jumping off the diving board and doing FLIPS off the side of the pool and even the diving board.
 |
| We made it to another Dash game on one of Paul's evenings off. The boys love Bolt and I love these "I'm just here for the snacks" shirts I got on clearance for $3! They could not be more perfect for our always eating boys! |
 |
| Squeezing in some yard work. I have the cutest landscapers around! ;) |
 |
| Thanking God for His grace during this particular evening. The witching hour is still a thing around our house most nights and I usually dread doing the bedtime routine by myself. |
We spent a lot of days dirty and sweaty in the August heat and humidity.
And dreaming about cooler days...
We spent the last of Paul's days (or partial days) off checking some things off of our summer bucket list, like the Greensboro Children's Museum and the Tanglewood water park.
 |
| My handsome little boys ready for church. |
I got to spend a long morning catching up with my good friend Renna, who is on bed rest with sweet baby girl number three.
 |
| The boys and I cheered Daddy's team into third place at the Forsyth Cup. |
And then, just like that-my big boy started preschool for the last time. This year he is going Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. He wasn't the least bit nervous or hesitant about the first day and even told me "he didn't need me to walk him in".
Here we are almost halfway through September. The saying is so true..."the days are long but the months and years are short!" That gives me motivation to try to keep up with at least one post a month-I'll need these for the sake of my memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment