Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Walker-18 months

Dearest Walker Man,

You, my sweet love, are one and a half! I don't even know how it happened, but you've become such a big boy in the blink of an eye. Some of the early days with you seemed to drag by when you were so fussy, but now I'd give anything to go back to you being a baby, for a few minutes anyway ;)

You often give the impression of a grumpy, unhappy boy with the frequent eyebrow scrunch and scowl on your face. But that's just part of you and those who know you well know that you are almost always happy and can be so silly at times.





You are a feisty little thing at times too. And don't tell him I told you this, but I think you are going to be the one giving your big brother a run for his money. Although y'all have plenty of rough moments, you and Gray love and adore each other so much. He's often the first person you ask for when you wake up in the mornings and from nap if he is still asleep. You follow him around and imitate everything he does. You often initiate hugs and kisses too, every time making my heart explode into a million pieces. 







You had your well check up last Thursday and I am just so thankful for your good health. You were almost 33.5 inches, which puts you in the 79th percentile. You weighed a smidgen over 24 pounds, staying around the 50th percentile for weight. Of course your smart self has a head measure my that's almost in the 80th percentile! You are wearing size 18 month clothes, size 4 diapers and size 5-6 shoes. 

A few things you love most in life are Sophie and any and every animal you see, being outside, the toy vacuum cleaner, tractors, trucks (especially mail trucks and fire trucks), being tickled and chased and books. You must bring me 50 books a day and I try my best to always make time for you to plop down on my lap and read it to you. You also love music and we still can't seem to get enough of watching you dance around the house and in the car. Things you don't love are: loud noises (hair dryer, the real vacuum cleaner, the blender and the leaf blower) and when someone takes something away from you. You don't love when the lawn mower is on unless you are riding it with Daddy.

You are talking non-stop, from the second you wake up until the minute you fall asleep at night. I bet you say "hot" a million times a day. You are obsessed with any and everything being hot, even if it's not. If anything is turned on and has power to it, you point to it constantly telling us "hot, hot!". You are really into pushing buttons and opening things and we hear "open, open, open" all day every day too. You will repeat anything we ask you to and your little voice is just the sweetest sound to my ear. One of my favorite things to hear you say right now is "ok". You understand so much and are doing great at following commands. We tell you "obey" as a reminder if you look like you're about to do something you know you shouldn't. So now you love walk around putting your hand up at brother or Sophie and saying "obey, obey!" 

Your other four teeth finally broke all the way through a month or two ago, making 16 total. I hope we will have a break before your two year molars start coming up. 

I am so thankful that you continue to be a good eater. I give a little credit to Daddy and myself because as much as we can, we make you eat what we are eating, but I do think you just naturally aren't picky at all. I can count on one hand the kinds of foods you don't like.

You are also a champion sleeper. You take one nap a day and it's almost always 2-3 hours long. You go to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and sleep until 7:30/8:30. Thank you Jesus!!!

You are pretty much over your separation anxiety and don't have any trouble being dropped off at the Y and at church. You have always been a big time Mama's boy but within a week or two of soccer season being over, you've become quite a Daddy's boy unless you are hurt or just really exhausted. He really is the best, buddy and I'm so glad he is who you and brother have to look up to.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that you'll be two the next time I write to you. But since life with you and brother and Daddy just keeps getting better, I reckon I'll take it.

I love you to the moon and back,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment