Friday, July 4, 2014

Walker-One month

Our sweet Walker was one month old on Sunday. In a way the first month has flown by and then again it seems like forever ago that we were in the hospital.
I think he looks pretty similar to Gray here.


And nothing like Gray here.
Being one month old sure is exhausting!
Here are a few tidbits about Walker man at one month...

Weighs 10 pounds, 12 ounces (on 6/26)-80th percentile.

Is 22 inches long-80th percentile

Wears size one diapers and 0-3 month clothes.

Has acid reflux and takes Zantac twice a day. We have seen some improvement with this but still having quite a bit of screaming out in pain due to gas pains and/or when he is having a bowl movement and some difficult nursing sessions due to the reflux. I am still dairy free along with avoiding anything spicy and recently cut out tomatoes and really acidic fruits. Pretty soon I'll be living off of bread and water ;) But I'll do whatever it takes to keep our boy out of pain and the screaming to a minimal!

Loves to be swaddled. We try to leave him out of his swaddle for one or two naps a day but he won't stay asleep long without it.

Nurses every 2-4 hours during the day. When getting a pumped bottle he takes 4 ounces.

Nights are inconsistent. He will have several good nights in a row with 3-5 hour stretches and then some bad nights here and there two where he is up a lot and even if he isn't eating seems to be awake and fussy. Last night he had a five and a half hour stretch but that was after two really rough nights that just about led me to the crazy house.

Naps in his swing most of the time, sleeps in his bouncy seat at night unless things are rough and we come downstairs to the swing. We've started trying to put him in his crib some during the day in hopes that the transition to his bed can happen soon and be a smooth one.

Usually loves tummy time

Notices lights and ceiling fans

Doesn't like the car...big sad face here!

In general his mood is pretty fussy when he's awake. We definitely don't have one of those "only cries when he's hungry" babies, but hoping that is better by next month's post!

They are both perfect in their own special way but I love comparing pictures and stats of our two boys. Walker weighed 6 ounces more than Gray and birth but was a half inch shorter. At one month, Gray weighed 9 pounds, 12 ounces and Walker weighed 10 pounds, 12 ounces. Both grew a half inch in their first month of life-Gray was 22.5 inches, Walker was 22 inches. Sometimes we think Walker looks a lot like Gray but most of the time we think he looks a lot different and even more so the older he gets. Here's a comparison of them at one month...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was going to email you but couldn't find how to contact you. I hope it's okay just to comment here! You sound EXACTLY like I felt just over a month ago. It is so, so hard, especially when you have another little one you are trying to entertain and simultaneously help adjust to the new family dynamics. Harrison required so much of my attention during those weeks that I constantly felt guilty about not spending enough time with Banks and Raleigh. While I think some of that is normal when adding another member to the family, it is magnified when you have an unhappy, unhealthy little one. :(

    If Walker's stools are green, I would really check out the content of your breastmilk because the hindmilk-foremilk imbalance could be exacerbating the stomach issues. Also, if your pediatrician has the stool test handy, I would see if you could swing by and have them test his stool for the protein allergy (mine didn't but some do). If not, I would ask for a referral to a GI specialist who can perform the test and help get to the bottom of what's going on.

    Finally, to answer the question you actually asked :) , I bought the probiotics from amazon. If you go back to my blog, I think I linked directly to them; however, I bet some pharmacies carry them. I was just not in the mindset to drag my 4-year-old, 2-year-old, and screaming newborn out in public. :)

    I really, really hope all this helps and that you and your sweet boy find some relief soon!!

    ReplyDelete