Friday, September 6, 2013

Gray's first story time

I took Gray to Barnes and Noble for story time today. I've been wanting to do this for months because I don't think it's something that is ever too early for a child and Gray has such a love for books. But we've been busy and finally just now made it something we were determined to get on the calendar. My friend Lisa and her sweet little girl Brenna joined us. Gray was so much better than I expected. He sat pretty still and quiet for most of the time. Today's stories were all about Clifford. We have a couple Clifford books but Gray has never really seemed into them. But then the real Clifford showed up and he became Gray's new favorite book character. And best friend. For today anyway.

I am so in love with this boy and his sweet heart!


Gray kept sneaking more turns while the majority of the other kids decided if Clifford was scary or not. This boy doesn't know a stranger, big red dog or not.
After Clifford went back home and story time was over, the kids ran around playing, looking at books and completing a "craft", which was coloring a picture of Clifford.


I'd say our first story time was a huge success and we are excited about making it something we do more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment