So a little about me and my life...My husband Paul and I got married last year on June 27. The wedding was all that I hoped it would be, but more than that, I married an amazing man who is my very best friend and far more than I ever dreamed I would have. Most of my friends had been married for about 5 years before my time came along. I always knew that I'd rather be single forever than marry someone less than what I knew my Lord had for me. I am so glad I waited. Not that I think Paul or our marriage is perfect or ever will be, but it sure does seem pretty darn close! Married life has been wonderful so far and it is so fun sharing everyday life with the person I love most on this earth. We are both teachers and it is so cool that we have the same passions and can share similar experiences about our jobs. Paul also coaches high school varsity soccer. I never liked soccer until I met Paul, and it's so funny how into I am and how much I love to watch his team play. I am his biggest fan and am more than happy to attend every single game. His players even call me "Mrs. Coach" :) I am eagerly waiting for the season to start late this summer.

Children are definitely something we hope God will bless us with in the future, but right now we are having so much fun soaking up time just the two of us. Well, the three of us if you count our precious, furry, 5 pound bundle of joy, Sophie.

Not to mention that one of our two houses will need to be 86ed before we can even think about kids. Yep that's right, we have TWO houses. Not because we're making so much money in the teaching profession, (although we do like to joke and call it our "vacation home") but because Paul's house has been on the market since before we got married and it has yet to sell. At this point, we are willing to sell either house. It's been really tough on us financially, but we try to have a good attitude about it and not let our joy be shaken by circumstances. It's also been good for us to see how much money we NEED to live by and how much we'll hopefully be able to save when the house sells. I went to Africa in the summer of 2008 and my eyes were opened a lot to the poor and to the fact that not everyone lives life as luxurious as most Americans do. I came back so humbled and almost felt ashamed about how much I have compared to so many people. It's so easy to just accept this as our culture and lifestyle, but I think God just doesn't want me to forget how I felt while I was in Kenya. So I try to reflect on that as much as I can in hopes that my sinful nature doesn't kick in to full force and I start feeling sorry for myself that I can't afford weekly trips to Francesca's. I fail quite often though. In fact, God is sending me back to Kenya in July so I guess that's His way of saying I need another reminder ;)
I guess this needs to be a wrap for now, don't want to bore anybody on the very first post. But I think I'm really gonna like this whole blogging thing...
No comments:
Post a Comment